Friday, May 2, 2014

Erdinger mit Cola

Well we made it to Germany safe and sound but it took us forever.   Instead of being 5.5 hours our bus was over 7 hours so we were a little annoyed and then had to walk a kilometer to the hostel because we got dropped off in some sketchy little parking lot pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  The bus ride wasn't terrible though, free tea, coffee and movies so I stayed quite entertained even though I was feeling rough from our last night at the beach.

The hostel we stayed at was the weirdest hostel I have ever stayed in.  It had no vibe whatsoever and they seemed to let everyone and their uncle stay there but the rooms were huge ad clean -no bunk beds which is a nice change - and the showers and toilets were some of the best I have seen.  The place was like a maze and was hard to find our way around but nice at the same time.  I don't know it was just an odd place, but it served its purpose well as we were only in Cologne for the night.

We woke up pretty late today as we were able to check out at noon which was amazing.  I felt horrible this morning, I could've stayed in bed all day.  As weirdly nice as the place was the mattress was like a rock and made it difficult for me to bask in the beauty of sleep.

We wandered around the city aimlessly - which Ben and I seem to do quite well - and decided to go to a nice little German bar for some German beer.  Ok so I am not a beer drinker but here you can order beer with coke (cola) in it...it tastes like Dr. Pepper!!!  Yummy!!! I had like 4 of them.  We spent most of the afternoon there enjoying our Endanger mit Cola's and catting to an Australian couple on a Euro holiday.

Its s little frustrating, in Italy I could communicate and in Holland they spoke English, here I can barely pronounce anything and Ben speaks bad German lol.  Oh boy what a team we make.

That is really all I have to tell for now.  We are currently on a night bus to Berlin.  The buses here are so great; reclining seats, free water and chocolate bars and free WiFi, and it only cost us 15 euros.  I should be sleeping right now, its 2:30 am and we have a long day tomorrow and I am coming down with a cold. My body hates me right now.  I don't know how I tortured it all those years while I was in college because it sure doesn't allow me to do that much anymore.  I really need a good nights rest.  Oh well I guess that's the backpacker life.

See you in Berlin

                                                                                        - My Beautiful Life -
 

No comments:

Post a Comment